Helios have been tested in combat. Rockets and machine guns turn the Helio into a serious piece of equipment. The Helio is easily adaptable to many different military roles including aggressive tactical fighting to more benign liaison, transport, and utility missions. These aircraft have been serving militaries worldwide for over 40 years.
Helio Features for Military applications include:
- Wing hard points and centerline hard points for armament and special equipment
- Excellent visibility for forward air control and surveillance
- No need for a runway – roads, jungle clearings, virtually anywhere in Iraq, or a flat spot on the side of a mountain will due
- Unmatched maneuverability and stability for accurate ordinance delivery
- Long range/long loiter times for greater mission efficiency
- Low noise signature